Tracing Your Ancestors: A Genealogist's Guide to Newspaper Research - PDF eBook
Tracing Your Ancestors: A Genealogist's Guide to Newspaper Research - PDF eBook; by Gena Philibert-Ortega; 2020; 66 pp; PDF eBook; Item #: MM034
This book is also available in printed format.
This excellent guide to newspaper research is a must-have for all genealogists. Loaded with up-to-the-minute information on how to find your ancestors in newspapers, it's sure to be of help to thousands of genealogists. The following is from the Table of Contents:
- Newspaper Finding Aids - Take some time to explore newspaper finding aids to complete your research
- Types of Newspaper Articles - There's more to newspaper research than obituaries. It's time to discover!
- 5 Steps to Better Research - Planning your research carefully will yield better results
- What to Do If It's Not Online - Check multiple websites as well as repositories for relevant newspapers
- Beyond City Newspapers - Are you looking for ideas to widen your search? We show you where to look!
- African-American Newspapers - Valuable reflections on the concerns and everyday lives of the community
- Start With FamilySearch! - An ideal aid for newspapers via indexes, abstracts and resources
- Chronicling America - a go-to resource for those researching American ancestors
- Free U.S. Websites State-by-State - We present over 40 free online newspaper sites spanning the country
- Google News - You can search and browse newspapers on Google News Archive
- GenealogyBank - Over 13,000 newspapers and 250 million obituaries to explore, and more!
- Newspapers.com - We give you three reasons to love this popular site for newspaper research.
- Library and Archives Canada - Many excellent resources exist for finding your Canadian family in newspapers
- Findmypast - Great source of billions of online records including three newspaper collections
- MyHeritage Newspapers - A multi-faceted genealogy company with five newspaper databases to explore
- British Newspaper Archives - It's time to learn more about this collaborative partnership!