The Dead Horse Investigation – Forensic Photo Analysis for Everyone
The Dead Horse Investigation – Forensic Photo Analysis for Everyone; by Colleen Fitzpatrick ; 252 pp; Softcover; 2008; 6 x 9; ISBN: 978-0-976-71606-1; Item #: YA051Step into the 21st Century of Photo Identification. If you think you’ve squeezed every drop of information from your photos, think again. Have you ever considered using an ultraviolet light to date your photos? What does it mean if you find a photo on the back of an old picture? How can you spot a fake? How can you tell what camera was used to take a picture of someone posing in his BVDs?
Everyone can become a photo expert. Even the simplest photo can lead you to an unexpected adventure. Keeping an eye out for important details is just a first step. Knowing what those details mean and how to chase them down is just as critical. If you are up for some exciting fun investigating your old photographs, this book is for you!
The following is from the Table of Contents:
What Is a Photo Really Saying?
Remember to Look at the Back
- Remember to Look at the Back!
- What If You Can’t See the Back?
- What If The Writing Is There but It Is Hard to See?
- Lot Numbers, Logos, Personal Marks
- A Ghost Image
- The Edges
- The Paper
- The Shape
- The Mat
Two Short Case Studies
- I. A Ghost Image - The Hodder Comparison
- II. The Mat - Father and Son
- What Can I Tell about the Picture from the Clothing?
- The “Occasional” Photograph
- As Time Goes By
- Wanna Date?
- Don’t Miss a Thing!
The Belgian Orphans
- Hard and Soft Clues
- “The” Clue
- Which Way Does the Flag Hang?
- White or Yellow Stripe?
- Comité National de Secours et d’Alimentation
- Further Investigation
- A Few Notes
- Charles Eisenmann
Reach Out and Touch Someone
This Photo Is OK!
What’s Wrong with This Picture?
- Types of Fake Photos Changes in Context, & Changes in Content
- Spotting a Fake
- A Providential Escape
- The Next Chapter
- A Major Breakthrough
- A Few Emails and a Reunion
- The End of the Story
The History of Photography Part I
- The Beginning The Box, The Lens, & The Recording Materials
- The Daguerreotype
- Outdoor Photography
- The Ambrotype
- Union Cases
- In the Meantime... Aerial Photography, Stereoviews, & Underwater Photography
History of Photography Part II
- The Birth of the Paper Photograph
- Cartes de Visite and Cabinet Cards
- Sun Picture Tax Stamps
- Three-Layer Collodion and Gelatin Prints
The Dead Horse Investigation: Crouching Horse, Hidden
- Putting Things Into Perspective
- Camouflaged Locomotive
- City Directories