Outlaws & Villains, A Collection of Previously Published Articles From History Magazine
Outlaws & Villains, A Collection of Previously Published Articles From History Magazine; by; 52 pps; soft cover; saddle-stapled 8.5x11; Item # MM010
This book is also available in PDF eBook format.
- Bonnie & Clyde
- Jesse James
- Herman Mudgett
- Lizzie Borden
- Butch Cassidy
- Leopold & Loeb
- Billy the Kid
- And Much More!
Outlaws & Villains is a collection of previously published articles from past issues of History Magazine chronicling some of America's most notorious characters. Read about outlaws like Butch Cassidy and Jesse James or gangsters such as Al Capone and Bonnie & Clyde. Come face-to-face with cold-blooded killers like Lizzie Borden and Herman Mudgett, or experience the desolate and dangerous Alcatraz Prison.
Their names are infamous. They have been the subjects of movies. They are mentioned in history books and classrooms across North America. They were bank robbers, gang leaders, and murderers. They are America’s most notorious Outlaws & Villains.
But how much do your really know about them? What was their history? You can now find out. History Magazine put together a collection of previously published stories into a single publication called Outlaws &Villains. The one time special issue covers the life stories of some of the most well know names in criminal history: Jesse James, Butch Cassidy, Al Capone, Bill the Kid, Bonnie & Clyde, and many more. Family Roots Publishing has managed to acquire back issues of Outlaws & Villains and are making them available while supplies last.
The stories are not all what you might expect. Sure, we know their most infamous deeds. But, they were once someone’s child. They didn’t all seemed destined to a life of crime. Bonnie Parker, for example, was known as a bright student who won literary prizes and wrote poetry. But, she apparently liked bad boys. She married at 16 to a man who ended up in jail just three years later. Not long after she met Clyde and the rest is well-known history.
These stories are a great read. Photographs, sketches and posters bring these criminals to life. Their deed affected the live of our ancestors in the same way modern criminals and deeds affect our own.
Here is a complete list of articles you will find in this special edition publication:
- Billy the Kid: Noted Desperado, David A. Norris explores the enduring legend of the gunslinger from New York City
- Milt Sharp AKA The Polite Bandit, Eric Bryan tells the tale of an outlaw known for the polite treatment of his victims!
- Bonnie & Clyde: Original Gangsters, David A. Norris chronicles the rise and fall of America’s first couple of crime
- The Imperfect Crime of Leopold and Loeb, Phill Jones chronicles two of America’s most coldblooded killers
- Outlaw or Hero? The Legend of Jesse James, David A. Norris chronicles the life and times of America’s most notorious outlaw
- Gunfight at the O.K. Corral, David A. Norris tells the tale of the world’s most famous shoot out and its participants
- Alcatraz, Marc Skulnick documents the past of America’s most feared prison
- Butch Cassidy and the Montpelier Bank Robbery, John Christopher Fine looks at the legend of one of America’s most storied outlaws
- The Crimes of the Mysterious Mr. Mudgett, Phill Jones looks at the 19th-century serial killer, Herman W. Mudgett
- Outlaws and Renegades: Buffalo Bill’s Wild West, David A. Norris looks at the history of one of America’s most popular frontiersmen
- Joseph Taylor: The Man They Couldn’t Hang, Jill McDonough looks at the fascinating story of the man they couldn’t hang
- Lizzie Borden And The Fall River Axe Murders, Daniel M. Hoenig describes the enduring interest in this case of murder most foul.