Names In Genealogy: Their Origin & Meaning
Names in Genealogy: Their Origin & Meaning by Penelope Christensen; Comb bound; 374 pp; 5.5x8.5; ISBN: 9781894018371; Item HB11.
Genealogical research is based on names. But what is the origin of names; primarily surnames, first names and place names?
A knowledge of how they were derived and how they are connected provides a better understanding of the genealogical process.
More Books by Dr. Penelope Christensen:
- Organization for One-Name Studies
- Finding Your English & Welsh Ancestors, Including Isle of Man & Channel Islands
- Researching English & Welsh Census Rec.
- Researching English & Welsh Civil Registration Rec.
- Researching English Parish Registers
- Using Register Offices for English & Welsh Certificates
- Researching English Probate Records
- Parishes and Registration Districts in England and Wales
- Researching English Poor Law & Parish Chest Rec.
- Researching English Occupations - Civilian Services
- Researching English Occupations-Military Services
- Researching English Occupations-Professions and Trades
- Researching English Non-Anglican Rec.
- Researching English Education & Health Rec.
- Researching English Contemporary Doc.
- Researching English Land Rec.
- Researching English Church Court Rec.
- Researching English Taxes, Rates & Duties
- Researching English Lists, Electoral, Annuities, Business & Insurance Rec.
- Researching English Civil & Criminal Court Rec.
- Finding Your Scottish Ancestors
- Finding Your Irish Ancestors
- Planning a Genealogy Research Trip
- Family History Centers to New FamilySearch
- What Did they Do? Ancestral Terminology
- Preparation & Practice For Genealogy Professionals
- How Do I Prove It?
- Organizing a Genealogy Library for Public or Private Use
- Planning a Genealogy Research Trip to Salt Lake City
- Let's Get Organized!
- Finding Your Scandinavian Ancestors
More Dictionaries You Will Need
- Black's Law Dictionary
- Ancestry's Concise Genealogical Dictionary
- A-Zax: A Comprehensive Dictionary
- What Did They Mean By That?
- More What Did They Mean By That?
- A Medical Miscellany For Genealogists
- Hooper’s Medical Dictionary 1843. Volume 1, A-J
- Hooper’s Medical Dictionary 1843. Volume 2, K-Z
- Abbreviations & Acronyms
- Webb Garrison's Civil War Dictionary