Digital Imaging Essentials: Techniques and Tips for Genealogists and Family Historians - PDF eBook
Digital Imaging Essentials: Techniques and Tips for Genealogists and Family Historians; by Geoff Rasmussen; Nov 2012; 150 pp; PDF (download only) edition; 8.5x11; Full Color; Downloads are available immediately upon placing order; Item #: JF01
Upon placing your order, you will be able to download the PDF eBook directly from the FRPC screen. You will also be sent an email from where you can click on the link and download the item.
This book NOT available in printed format.
Genealogists use digital imaging technology every day. But what they do not know about it can harm their digital treasures. They have needed a comprehensive, easy-to-read guide, full of illustrated step-by-step instructions to learn how to digitize, organize, preserve, share, and backup their digital collections.
Your wait is over. You now have Digital Imaging Essentials: Techniques and Tips for Genealogists and Family Historians at your fingertips. There are some books that are meant for the coffee table, but this book belongs with you at your computer.
From the very first page you will notice that this book is much more than a boring instructional manual - it is full of real-life examples that not only teach you the right buttons to push, but it thoroughly explains how to get the most of your digital imaging experience. AND this book is written specifically for genealogists!
YOU WILL LEARN:
- The do-it-right-the-first-time techniques of scanning old documents, and snapping pictures with your digital camera.
- How to finally get organized so that you can locate any digital image in under a minute.
- Which file formats and file saving techniques to use to properly preserve your digital images.
- How to use Adobe's Photoshop Elements and Google's Picasa with illustrated, step-by-step instructions and learn about other software choices.
- How to privately or publicly share your images and videos via printing, emailing, Dropbox, CDs, DVDs, or online via cloud technology.
- How to access your digital media from any Internet-connected device including your smart phone or tablet.
- How to develop a backup strategy to protect your collections from digital disaster.
Click here to preview the Table of Contents, the complete index, and a few selections from the book (31 pages).
"Digital Imaging Essentials" Book Review
About the Author
Geoffrey D. Rasmussen is the father of four budding genealogists. He graduated with a degree in Genealogy and Family History from Brigham Young University and has served as director and vice-president of the Utah Genealogical Association. He is a dynamic genealogy speaker on all forms of genealogy technology, and as host of the Legacy Family Tree webinar series, has spoken virtually to nearly 100 different countries. He recently received the Distinguished Presenter Award at the prestigious RootsTech conference in Salt Lake City. He has authored books, videos, articles, and websites, and develops the Legacy Family Tree software program. On a personal note, Geoff enjoys playing the piano, organ, cello and basketball. His favorite places are cemeteries, the ocean, and hanging out with other genealogists. He met and proposed to his wife in a Family History Center.